Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tesla*Con (Post One: Thursday) .......it's late :/

HI all!!!


Alex here! So as you probably know from our tweets we're at Tesla Con 2 this weekend in Madison, Wisconsin. Our posts are coming a bit late because SO much has happened in the last two days alone that we just needed a bit of time to process. Today we'll put up a video blog detailing what our first official day at the Con was like but while Aly gets ready I thought I would write a little pre con blog.

So after Aly and I arrived at the hotel in our Steambug! we settled into the hotel and decided we wanted to go out for drinks and sushi. Because, well, we're very posh like that. And as we are staying in a hotel further away from the Con (SO MUCH CHEAPER!) we didnt have any new friends to revel with. We got dressed up in our Pin-Up best, naturally, and headed to over to a cocktail bar downtown named Opus. Side note: On the way we passed a bar named Woofs which we will forever make fun of in a Midwestern dialect "Hey, Imma, Imma going over to Woofs. Ok?"  We settled at a table surrounded by pictures of old movie starlets and were promptly waited  upon my a handsome gentlemen in a bowtie. Sitting in the chichi bar surrounded by what could only be politicians and their mistresses (the bar is across the street from the capital) we had cheap sushi, chocolate fondue (which I spilled on my dress. That's why I wear black gentlemen!) and for me far two much champagne. Champagne is my natural nemesis; so welcoming and bubbly, so deceptively strong.

Tipsily we made our way back home. Popped on our vintage bathing suits (naturally) and sat in the hot tub giddily laughing until we were too tired to spa (as if). Back at the hotel I promptly passed out (instead of writing this blog) and Miss Aly finished her novel for NaNoWriMo!!! yay!!

It was a good, relaxing pre con day. And thank goodness for that cuz Friday was nuts!


Goodies: Here are our "passport" photos for the Con. It's an immersion con so we built characters. Here I am as Estella & Aly as Alice. We'll post some character blogs in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment